The Upper Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Upper Room

Where Grace Abounds

HomeUpper RoomSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is the Gospel?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Myles Barfield
Theologian
Theologian
Myles Barfield

Male Number of posts : 1968
Year came to Christ : 1986
Registration date : 2007-06-28

What is the Gospel? Empty
PostSubject: What is the Gospel?   What is the Gospel? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 1:22 pm

To start off let's look at what God requires and how He provides for us within His requirement.

1 Timothy 1:15 "The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the worst."

Because of the Gospel we can be free of the guilt and power of sin by trusting the good news that Jesus is Lord, and He has come to save us. We are all sinners; that is simply the hard truth. A sinner is anyone who does not match FULLY the absolute and Holy perfection that is God. We do not hit that standard therefore we are sinners. These faults as we "miss the mark" do not only hurt us emotionally and physically, but they tarnish our relationship with God; whom we claim to serve.

This is simple but astounding! God requires perfection from us, and yet knowing we will fail Him; provides that perfection through Jesus. Not one of us can live up to the Holy standard, and Graciously God gave us a way we could achieve it...through great sacrifice to Himself.

Please keep comments based on what is written, as I am working through this book...other questions will likely be answered as I progress.
Back to top Go down
http://myles-barfield.blogspot.com/

What is the Gospel?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Upper Room :: Topic Categories :: Talk the Walk-
Jump to: