The Upper Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Upper Room

Where Grace Abounds

HomeUpper RoomSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jud 2:8-

Go down 
AuthorMessage
clark thompson
Parishiner
Parishiner

Male Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2014-01-03

Jud 2:8- Empty
PostSubject: Jud 2:8-   Jud 2:8- Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 9:14 pm

Judges 2:8King James Version (KJV)
8 And Joshua the son of Nun, the servant of the LORD, died, being an hundred and ten years old.

Judges 2:8
ERV 8 And Joshua the son of Nun, the servant of the LORD, died, being an hundred and ten years old

These are my thoughts.
Death will come to us all; the time we serve the Lord is the time that counts the most.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
Parishiner
Parishiner

PostSubject: Judges 2:9   Jud 2:8- Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 2:38 pm

Judges 2:9
KJV 9 And they buried him in the border of his inheritance in Timnathheres, in the mount of Ephraim, on the north side of the hill Gaash.

ERV 9 And they buried him in the border of his inheritance in Timnath–heres, in the hill country of Ephraim, on the north of the mountain of Gaash

These are my thoughts.
We all are going to one day die, how will we be remembered.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
Parishiner
Parishiner

PostSubject: Jud 2:10   Jud 2:8- Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 8:15 pm

Judges 2:10
KJV 10 And also all that generation were gathered unto their fathers: and there arose another generation after them, which knew not the LORD, nor yet the works which he had done for Israel.
ERV 10 And also all that generation were gathered unto their fathers: and there arose another generation after them, which knew not the LORD, nor yet the work which he had wrought for Israel

These are my thoughts.
We need to set the example for later generation for serving the Lord by us first serving the Lord.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
Parishiner
Parishiner

PostSubject: Re: Jud 2:8-   Jud 2:8- Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 8:01 pm

Judges 2:11
KJV 11 And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD, and served Baalim:
ERV 11 And the children of Israel did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD, and served the Baalim

These are my thoughts.
Serving something other Him is the extant of evil, all things that are wrong are done because we are putting sin before Him.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
Parishiner
Parishiner

PostSubject: Judges 2:12   Jud 2:8- Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 7:47 pm

Judges 2:12
KJV 12 And they forsook the LORD God of their fathers, which brought them out of the land of Egypt, and followed other gods, of the gods of the people that were round about them, and bowed themselves unto them, and provoked the LORD to anger.

ERV 12 and they forsook the LORD, the God of their fathers, which brought them out of the land of Egypt, and followed other gods, of the gods of the peoples that were round about them, and bowed themselves down unto them: and they provoked the LORD to anger

These are my thoughts.
Worshiping something other God makes Him angry when we are His.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
Parishiner
Parishiner

PostSubject: Judges 2:13   Jud 2:8- Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 8:18 pm

Judges 2:13
KJV 13 And they forsook the LORD, and served Baal and Ashtaroth.
ERV 13 And they forsook the LORD, and served Baal and the Ashtaroth

These are my thoughts.
We do not need to make their mistake and leave God and follow after something else.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
Parishiner
Parishiner

PostSubject: Judges 2:14   Jud 2:8- Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 8:05 pm

Judges 2:14
KJV 14 And the anger of the LORD was hot against Israel, and he delivered them into the hands of spoilers that spoiled them, and he sold them into the hands of their enemies round about, so that they could not any longer stand before their enemies.
ERV 14 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he delivered them into the hands of spoilers that spoiled them, and he sold them into the hands of their enemies round about, so that they could not any longer stand before their enemies

These are my thoughts.
When we make the Lord angry with us sometimes He has to have others cause us to break so we can then go to Him for us to built back up.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
Parishiner
Parishiner

PostSubject: Re: Jud 2:8-   Jud 2:8- Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 9:28 pm

Judges 2:15
KJV 15 Whithersoever they went out, the hand of the LORD was against them for evil, as the LORD had said, and as the LORD had sworn unto them: and they were greatly distressed.
ERV 15 Whithersoever they went out, the hand of the LORD was against them for evil, as the LORD had spoken, and as the LORD had sworn unto them: and they were sore distressed

These are my thoughts.
We will be unhappy when we are not following the Lord but are His.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
Parishiner
Parishiner

PostSubject: Judges 2:16   Jud 2:8- Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 6:11 pm

Judges 2:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 Nevertheless the LORD raised up judges, which delivered them out of the hand of those that spoiled them.

Judges 2:16
ERV 16 And the LORD raised up judges, which saved them out of the hand of those that spoiled them

These are my thoughts.
The allowed people to come to save them, it is the Lord that saves us He just may use people to do so.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
Parishiner
Parishiner

PostSubject: Judges 2:17   Jud 2:8- Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 6:33 pm

Judges 2:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 And yet they would not hearken unto their judges, but they went a whoring after other gods, and bowed themselves unto them: they turned quickly out of the way which their fathers walked in, obeying the commandments of the LORD; but they did not so.

Judges 2:17
ERV 17 And yet they hearkened not unto their judges, for they went a whoring after other gods, and bowed themselves down unto them: they turned aside quickly out of the way wherein their fathers walked, obeying the commandments of the LORD; [but] they did not so

These are my thoughts.
The best way to walk is with the Lord and we should be examples for future generations but they may turn against Him in spite of our example.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
Parishiner
Parishiner

PostSubject: Re: Jud 2:8-   Jud 2:8- Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 5:55 am

Judges 2:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 And when the LORD raised them up judges, then the LORD was with the judge, and delivered them out of the hand of their enemies all the days of the judge: for it repented the LORD because of their groanings by reason of them that oppressed them and vexed them.

Judges 2:18
ERV 18 And when the LORD raised them up judges, then the LORD was with the judge, and saved them out of the hand of their enemies all the days of the judge: for it repented the LORD because of their groaning by reason of them that oppressed them and vexed them

These are my thoughts.
The Lord cared and He put a leader into place to give them their enemies, the Lord has given us a leader as Christians, His Spirit.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
Parishiner
Parishiner

PostSubject: Re: Jud 2:8-   Jud 2:8- Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 9:29 am

Judges 2:19 King James Version (KJV)
19 And it came to pass, when the judge was dead, that they returned, and corrupted themselves more than their fathers, in following other gods to serve them, and to bow down unto them; they ceased not from their own doings, nor from their stubborn way.

Judges 2:19
ERV 19 But it came to pass, when the judge was dead, that they turned back, and dealt more corruptly than their fathers, in following other gods to serve them, and to bow down unto them; they ceased not from their doings, nor from their stubborn way

These are my thoughts.
Do when a leader of ours or someone we respect goes away act differently, if the Lord is our leader then this would not happen because the Lord does not go away.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
Parishiner
Parishiner

PostSubject: Judges 2:20   Jud 2:8- Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 7:28 pm

Judges 2:20 King James Version (KJV)
20 And the anger of the LORD was hot against Israel; and he said, Because that this people hath transgressed my covenant which I commanded their fathers, and have not hearkened unto my voice;

Judges 2:20 Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)
20 And the wrath of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and he said: Behold this nation hath made void my covenant, which I had made with their fathers, and hath despised to hearken to my voice:

These are my thoughts.
Disobeying the Lord will cause His anger to brought against us unless we have came to the cross.

Back to top Go down
clark thompson
Parishiner
Parishiner

PostSubject: Re: Jud 2:8-   Jud 2:8- Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 12:20 pm

Judges 2:21 King James Version (KJV)
21 I also will not henceforth drive out any from before them of the nations which Joshua left when he died:

Judges 2:21 douayRheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)
21 I also will not destroy the nations which Josue left, when he died:

These are my thoughts.
There comes a time God may let us live with our rebellion.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
Parishiner
Parishiner

PostSubject: Re: Jud 2:8-   Jud 2:8- Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 4:52 pm

Judges 2:22 King James Version (KJV)
22 That through them I may prove Israel, whether they will keep the way of the LORD to walk therein, as their fathers did keep it, or not.

Judges 2:22 Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)
22 That through them I may try Israel, whether they will keep the way of the Lord, and walk in it, as their fathers kept it, or not.

These are my thoughts.
We will be tested to see if we are committed to the Lord or just follow Him when it is easy, this builds our growth.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
Parishiner
Parishiner

PostSubject: Re: Jud 2:8-   Jud 2:8- Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 6:44 am

Judges 2:23 King James Version (KJV)
23 Therefore the LORD left those nations, without driving them out hastily; neither delivered he them into the hand of Joshua.

Judges 2:23 Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)
23 The Lord therefore left all these nations, and would not quickly destroy them, neither did he deliver them into the hands of Josue.

These are my thoughts.
God left some people in their lives that they need Him to get thru, He does the same with us. It allows us to grow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jud 2:8-   Jud 2:8- Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jud 2:8-
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Upper Room :: Topic Categories :: Talk the Walk-
Jump to: